Glad you’re here! Together, we’re going to try to find out what “digital feelings” actually are.
Here’s how to set up an account on this site:
- Our course site is based on self-hosted installation of WordPress’s open source blogging software, WordPress.org. However, I have installed a plugin that allows you to sign into our site using your existing WordPress.com account that you used/created for https://thefamiliar.wordpress.com/. To sign in, go to our “Posts” page and click “Log in” under the “Meta” category in the right sidebar menu.
- You will see a screen that looks like this:
[<img class=" size-medium wp-image-147 aligncenter" src="http://lindsaythomas.net/engl3490/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/12/Jetpack-single-sign-on-page-207x300.jpg" alt="Jetpack-single-sign-on-page" width="207" height="300" srcset="http://lindsaythomas.net/engl3490/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/12/Jetpack-single-sign-on-page-207x300.jpg 207w, http://lindsaythomas.net/engl3490/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/12/Jetpack-single-sign-on-page-100x145.jpg 100w, http://lindsaythomas.net/engl3490/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/12/Jetpack-single-sign-on-page-150x218.jpg 150w, http://lindsaythomas.net/engl3490/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/12/Jetpack-single-sign-on-page-200x290.jpg 200w, http://lindsaythomas.net/engl3490/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/12/Jetpack-single-sign-on-page-300x435.jpg 300w, http://lindsaythomas.net/engl3490/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/12/Jetpack-single-sign-on-page.jpg 342w" sizes="(max-width: 207px) 100vw, 207px" />](http://lindsaythomas.net/engl3490/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/12/Jetpack-single-sign-on-page.jpg) To log in with your existing account, click “Log in with WordPress.com.” Once you do this, the system will automatically create an account for you on our site. 3. Your role on the site will automatically default to “Subscriber,” which doesn’t allow you to post to the site. After your account has been created, I will change your role to “Author” so that you will be able to post to the site.
Here’s how to post to the site:
- To submit a post, you first need to be logged into the site. There are a couple of ways to do this. You can type this link into your browser and log in using your username and password: http://lindsaythomas.net/engl3490/wp-login.php. You can also navigate to the site’s Posts page, click on “Site Admin” under the “Meta” menu in the right sidebar, and then log in using your username and password. Logging in will take you to your Dashboard.
- Click on the “Posts” tab in the left menu, and click on the “Add New” submenu.
- Start filling in the blanks. Make sure to give your post a title. Enter your post content in the main post editing box below the title. Make sure to give your post a category using the “Categories” menu on the right. Categorize your post according to what prompt you are responding to (so if you’re responding to Prompt 1, your category should be “Prompt 1,” and so on). I may miss your post if you fail to categorize it properly.
- You can find more information on posting in the WordPress Codex. You can also find articles in the Codex on incorporating media into your posts.
- When you’ve finished your post, click “Publish” under the “Publish” menu on the top right. You should then see your post appear in the site’s Posts page.
- If you need to edit your post after you’ve submitted it, just go to Posts > All Posts in the Dashboard, find your post, and choose “Edit” to be taken back to the editor.